THE COUNTDOWN FOR NANOWRIMO 2007

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

WRITING IS EASY!

If you're Mungo!!!!

3000 words may be doable but it ain't easy! I did a sum total of 998 (I have now reached the grand total of 21000 words - I should be 33340). Most of this was due to a lack of ideas on what to do next. As I have said already, i only had a story idea - never a plot! And it's groaning now - I've run out of steam, I've too many boring characters who are boring each other as much as me, there's no pace, no tension, and it's dully written.

Makes the original Black Rabbit Island look like a masterpiece!

So I spent the day working on Snatched.

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

This is not the year for nanowrimo. did you get the note from Neil Gaimen? Remember, every writer goes through this stage when they think no one will read their work and that they are writing rubbish. You can do it!