THE COUNTDOWN FOR NANOWRIMO 2007

Friday, November 16, 2007

BETTER TODAY

Perhaps it's due to my scanning tasks being over for the moment...or little Tofpot being tired today!

Anyway, I've got the daily word count of 1667 done - actually did 2235 today. My total is still a long way from what it should be - it's now 11,355.

I have a personal target of getting it up to 14000 today (another 2645 words), but although I started early, I don't think I'll have time to get back to it today.

For those interesting in the scanning process. I did some timings last night - it takes 1min 8 secs to scan a page on my printer into word on the pc. Although I worked out a speedy efficient system , the pc stops accepting the scans after so many pages, necessitating a full reboot. I typed a page for comparison - even at my speedy best I could only do it in 3 minutes, 48 seconds. I know I have to do further work on the scanned pages - correct punctuation and change the formatting, but it's still much quicker (for me) to scan!

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

That's a pain you had to reboot so often, but it sounds like it is quicker than typing all right. A good system you have there. Good luck with your writing, keep at it, I want a copy for Christmas!