THE COUNTDOWN FOR NANOWRIMO 2007

Sunday, October 28, 2007

50,000 words about - what??????

Okay, so I probably will go ahead and do Nanowrimo this year - to add to my pile of unpublished novels (2 co-authored, 4 completed/drafted in the last 18 months, 2 others written twenty years ago!!!), but the question remains - what will I write about?

Option 1 - the third book in the Lucky & Witch Rose series? (It took me over three months to write the second book! Much longer for the first one, of course :) )

Option 2: The next Lottie book - see where that goes.

Option 3 - My Biffie story, a horror set in the West of Ireland, started but didn't get too far last year (or was it the previous year?)

Option 4 - it has been suggested that I write a sequel to last November's Black Rabbit Island.

Option 5 - something totally different.

I think it comes down to time, rather than plot ideas. I need to do my MOS exams and find a job, let alone talk to Squidgey about Christmas...

5 comments:

Inkpot said...

Biffy was 2005, BRI was last year. I was just going to ask what book you were going to write. I would love to read all these books. Why don't you have a poll and see which idea wins? While I am dying to read the third Lucky book, I don't think it is a Nano book, and you would probably write 2 Lottie books for 50K.

Anonymous said...

My vote is for a sequel to BRI - some american actor (like Mel Gibson) buys the deserted Black Rabbit Island and plans on setting up a commune there for nut cases (like Tom Cruise) but the evil hasn't left the island, and it isn't long before the zombies starting coming out of the woodwork (or ground). The hero could be an x navy seal who looks like Riddick and is called Sparkie. Sounds like a good book.

Anonymous said...

I think you should write something completely different. Nanowrimo is a good way to generate good ideas, which can then be worked on over the rest of the year.

Marvin said...

I know November is going to be busy, but you can fit Nanowrimo in as well. Just aim to write 1700 words every day and you will be fine. Remember, nanowrimo is about quantity - if you get quality as well, it is a bonus. Write what captures your imagination, inspires you and ignites your passion. That way the 30 days will be fun.

Valpot said...

Sparkie, I love your idea - I think you should write it!

Parsley, I think there's a lot in what you say - do something completely different!

And Marvin - you inspire as usual!